I have been tagged by the lovely Charlotte of Makeup By Candle Light to do the 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty tag! Charlotte does the most wonderful posts on beauty products, her reviews in particular are my absolute favourite as she always gives so much detail of the pros and cons of the product. Definitely have a look at her lovely blog if you haven't already! So here we go:
1. Greed: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive? The most inexpensive beauty item I use is probably Johnson's baby oil. This is absolutely the most intensely moisturising product I have ever tried, perfect for when your skin needs an extra drink. I mentioned my tip about putting it in the bath in my post on my secret beauty tips and tricks. My most expensive beauty item I think is the Clarins double serum. At £55 this is definitely a luxury product but annoyingly it is one of the most effective I have ever tried! I was lucky enough to receive this as part of my allocation when I worked for Clarins. I would still be more than happy with the product if I had brought it with my own money as it is just so effective. Although I really shouldn't be worrying about anti ageing, I love the healthy glow it gives to my skin. It has won countless awards and I really do see why.
2. Wrath: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? I agree with Charlotte completely with the Essie nail varnishes, they have the most gorgeous colour selection but never last long on my nails as I feel the consistency is just a bit too thin. Also the John Freida "Go Blonde" products I do feel like they give my hair an extra "umph" of colour but also make it feel like straw afterwards . So I love the colour effect but hate the way my hair feels after using them.
3. Gluttony: What are your most delicious beauty products? I absolutely adore all of my Jo Malone products, the smell of every one is just so delicious. My Vanilla and Anise perfume is so sweet and yummy it reminds me of spring. Also my Aromatherapy Associates de-stress muscle gel is so decadent, it has hints of lavender which I love and is just so relaxing. You can see my review of it here
4. Sloth: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? Again I agree with Charlotte, I often neglect exfoliating my body. I don't like to remove any remnants of any faded tan from a holiday long gone (slightly tragic I admit) . I always neglect to fake tan as I jut get too nervous I'm going to resemble a satsuma afterwards!
5. Pride: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? Hm this is quite a difficult one, I don't think there is an instant fix for confidence (cliché alert) it is something that comes from within! However....having said that I definitely feel better on a night out if I have a lovely perfume, such as Victor & Rolf's Flowerbomb, and big hair (thanks to my wonderful heated rollers!)
6. Lust: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? If we're talking purely aesthetic, no personality traits whatsoever then I would say definitely a general look of cleanliness. I know some girls love the grungey look ( think Audrina's boyfriend Justin Bobby from the hills ) That is just a no for me, I like someone who looks like they shower regularly! Scent is a big thing too, something nice though I'm not talking lynx 2 for 1 at Boots...hahaa
7. Envy: What items would you most like to receive as a gift? In a dream world I would love to try the creme de la mer skin products and I am very envious of anyone who has these! More realistically I like personal items that have a sentimental meaning or something they definitely know I would like. Or all else failing, a Jo Malone scented candle is always welcomed ;)
As usual, everyone is welcome to join in, but I especially TAG the following:
Hope you enjoyed this little TAG and have a great day everyone! Xx
Hannah - hbbeautyblog.co.uk
Chloe - thriftyskies.blogspot.co.uk
Grace - harwoodinheels.blogspot.com
Grace - graceybloss0m.blogspot.co.uk